Friday 23 August 2013

InFocus: Ibiwari Frank

GONG focuses its light on IB's Cake Island, a confectionery owned by a passion driven young woman who hails from Rivers State. She's from a family of 13; 6 boys, 5 girls, mum and dad. She is the 8th and last girl of the family.

Ibiwari Frank is the beautiful, young and creative mind behind IB's Cake Island which is situated at Rumuogba Housing Estate, Port Harcourt. She is skilful in cake baking, small chops, decoration, cocktail drinks, catering services, training and support.

Ms. Ibiwari is very proactive, taking appropriate actions ahead of time.

In her words: "the rate of unemployment in the country is alarming; I want to contribute my own quota to the reduction of unemployment in the society.

IB's Cake Island started in 2012 after the graduation of Ms Ibiwari. I have always had a passion for food and chops, so I decided to learn from a friend who I paid NGN 5000: said Frank who studied Geology and Mining Technology from the University of Port Harcourt.

After she taught me, I started practicing and baking at home, I would bake and give to my siblings and they would always encourage or criticize me.

Challenges are almost inevitable in pursuit of any worthy dream or aspiration. According to Ms. Ibiwari, her two major challenges are poor electricity supply and late bookings.

Entrepreneurs are often focused on the future, Ms. Frank envisions IB's Cake Island becoming a household name in the Confectionery World, and having a strong force to meet customers' needs satisfactorily.

Contact IB's Cake Island on
BBM: 2ACF55BF
Tel: 08093035350.07030932003
FB: Ibiwari Frank
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

1 comment:

  1. Highly commendable nd admirable....you go girl!!!,thumbs up

    ReplyDelete