Friday 19 October 2012

Syrian Update....

In a calm voice, Sheikh Mohammed Fardoun listed his relatives, 18 in all, who he said were killed Thursday in an airstrike by Syrian Army MiG fighter jets in the northern town of Maaret al-Numan.
"As soon as we heard the sound of the shelling, I ran out in the street and found the home of my aunt completely leveled," said Fardoun.
"The scene cannot be described. What you see on TV and on YouTube cannot describe this crime. The building was completely leveled to the ground.He continued, "I cannot speak to you about what I happened, I have the names of my relatives and I accept God's fate, but I am only here to give you this information. I cannot talk beyond that."
Syria's Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdissi and a Free Syrian Army general said Thursday they are open to a proposal by U.N. and Arab League Joint Special Envoy Lakhdar Brahimi for a cease-fire during the Muslim holiday of Eidul Ad'ha, which begins on October 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment